Next week, the middle school students will travel in many directions on their field trips.
- The eighth grade leaves for their tour of Washington, D.C., Mount Vernon and Charlottesville, on Sunday evening.
- The Seventh grade will tour the other Washington, our very own state. They will visit the State Capitol, Yakima, Spokane, Grand Coulee Dam, learning history, civics, geography and so much more along the way.
- The Sixth grade will go to Environmental Science Camp at Camp Hamilton, spending most of their time outdoors, in the woods and maybe canoeing on the lake!
We wish them all the best and thank the teachers for their time away from their own homes and families. Thank you, Mrs. Halley, Mr. Thomas, Señor Pablo, Ms. Rzegocki, Ms. Gudaitis, Mr. Tice and Ms. Sullivan for the many weeks, days and hours of organization and coordination that it takes to make these trips possible for the students. Thank you also to the parent chaperones! Please pray for successful trips and fine weather for all!
- With sad hearts, we will say goodbye to Mrs. Lisa Castillo at the end of this school year. Mrs. Castillo has been at St. John for many years, longer than I have been here! She is ready for a new adventure. Join me in wishing her well as she heads off on her new journey.
- Teaching third grade next year will be Mrs. Edwards, known now as Miss Barry, our kindergarten teacher!
- Miss Purchio will become the new kindergarten teacher.
Enjoy the beautiful weather!