The formal admission period for St. John School is February. Applications for mid-year admission are considered if space is available. Please use the link below to begin all applications. Please refer to the calendar below for current deadlines and procedures. Tours are available year round. REQUEST A TOUR
For PRESCHOOL Admission (NEW STUDENTS ONLY–INCLUDING SIBLINGS)
- APPLY ONLINE (beginning January 2020 for 2020-2021
- Pick up additional application materials in the school office beginning February 4, 2020
- Return additional materials and registration fee to the school office before February 10, 2020
- Families with children in the K-8 program can return their preschool application at their K-8 facilitation appointment.
For K-8 Admission (NEW STUDENTS ONLY–INCLUDING SIBLINGS)
- Apply online (beginning January 2020 for 2020-21)
- Attend the State of the School Presentation. The annual budget, the state of the school, goals for the following school year, and an explanation of our Fair Share Tuition program will be presented at the State of the School. While most of the new student application is available online (January 2020), materials required to complete the application will only be available at this event. There are three opportunities to attend the State of the School presentation (required):
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 7:00 pm in Egan Hall
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 8:45 am in Egan Hall
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 7 pm in Egan Hall
- Turn in additional required materials.
- Applicants in grades 1-8 are required to provide photo copies of report cards and/or standardized test results. These may be attached to the online application or mailed to the attention of the admissions office.
- Kindergarten applicants are required to return the Kindergarten Readiness Inventory (Not required for students currently enrolled in St. John Preschool).
- Return contract and registration fee at a Facilitation appointment on February 9 or 10, 2020 by appointment. Appointment signup is available at the State of the School night. Meetings are held in Egan Hall.
- Written notification will be mailed to each family by mid March.
Mid-year or late applications will be considered on an individual basis if space is available. Contact Jonna Skokan, Admissions Director for information.
Considerations for admission to any grade:
- Current students enrolling for another year
- Siblings enrolled in the K-8 program
- Long-term commitment to the school
- Parish membership in good standing
Although active participation in St. John Parish is a consideration in the application process, we typically have room for and encourage participation of non-Catholic and/or out of parish families.
Frequently there are more applicants than openings in a particular grade. Applications for students not placed are held in a “wait pool” for the remainder of the school year. As openings become available, all students in the wait pool are considered again for admission. Registration fees are refunded in the event we are unable to place your child in St. John School. The wait pool exists for one school year and does not carry over; applicants must reapply each year if they wish to be considered for future grades.