A few spaces remain in the following Fall offerings:
- Ms. Kay’s Art Club, Fall Session Sign up for this popular after school class with Kyoungmi Jang (Ms. Kay). Ms. Kay is one of St. John School’s talented Art teachers, and holds a Masters Degree in Art Education.
- Fall session is for students in grades 3, 4, and 5, and is held in Egan Mezzanine on Thursdays. Art classes are small in size, providing an environment to work with each child, answer questions, demonstrate techniques and encourage exploration. Ms. Kay’s art classes are designed for children of all abilities. Children paint, draw, sculpt, collage, design, imagine, sketch and explore using a wide variety of artist materials and techniques, all in an atmosphere of fun and success!
- Registration opens Tuesday, September 5, 7pm through the school website here: https://st-johnschool.org/art-club/. Class is limited to 15 students and is first come first served.
- Join Cantionis Choir! St. John School’s Cantionis Choir is open to all students in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6. There is no cost to this activity.
- Choir Director, Mrs. Ellen Pepin-Cato encourages singers to have fun while learning musicianship, vocal technique, and performance skills. Mrs. Pepin-Cato holds a BA in Music from University of Washington, and has led the Choir at St. John School since 2008.
- Not sure if choir is for you? Join us for a rehearsal and give it a try! First Rehearsal: Tuesday, October 3, with regular schedule for rehearsals on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:40-8:10am in Egan Mezzanine. To learn more and sign up go to https://cantionis.st-johnschool.org/. Questions? Feel free to contact Ms. Pepin-Cato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schola Choir Students in grades 7 and 8 are encouraged to join Schola Choir, St. John School’s liturgical choir, and share musical talent leading worship music for school liturgies and special assemblies. We also may do some special performances off campus. Schola Choir is led by Mrs. Pat Tsagalakis, one of St. John School’s very talented music teachers. Mrs. Tsagalakis began teaching at St. John School in 1998, and holds a BMA in Music from the University of Michigan and studied Byzantine Chant and Theology at Holy Cross School of Theology. She is St. John’s Primary, Middle School and Schola Director, as well as Youth Music Leader and Chanter at Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church in Shoreline, WA. Link here to register – there is no fee for participation. Students will be required to purchase a Schola uniform shirt.
- Band We will announce Band enrollment at a later date. Please watch this space.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Middle School Robotics Club Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 have the opportunity to join Mr. Pat James, Technology Instructor in Robotics Club. Linl here for detailed information on Robotics Club. Students will participate in Robotics Extravaganza, a major event where teams compete with each other for awards. Seattle Preparatory School hosts the annual event. More information here.
- Register your interest through the website portal as soon as possible. Students are accepted to this Club based on demonstrated interest and commitment to the program.