Check the calendar or teacher page for your student’s upcoming field trips.
The first year of lunch service in Crispin’s Kitchen was a true testament to the power of community. The school’s mission of providing affordable meals, cooked from scratch with the freshest ingredients, was made possible by a dedicated staff and generous volunteers. We are most grateful for the new kitchen and all those who have contributed to the success of the program. Hot Lunch service is available Tuesdays-Fridays throughout the year. Mondays are designated as either Hot Dog Mondays or Pizza Fundraiser Lunches. All lunches for the month are ordered through the school’s hot lunch portal. As the program continues to evolve, we are happy to introduce the following enhancements to 2017-2018 school year.
- Chef Michael will be working with locally owned Charlie’s Produce to prepare meals with the best fresh fruits and vegetables
- Smith Brothers Farms milk will be available on the lunch menu (students with sack lunches can order milk, too)
- Enhancements to the ordering portal will continue to create positive user experience
Pre Order Lunches for the Month
- Ordering portal opens on the second Wednesday of each month and closes the last Thursday of the month at midnight. Watch NewsViews for open/close dates or check the ordering portal.
- Orders are placed on a monthly basis. (Example: Ordering for November opens on Wednesday, October 11, and closes on Thursday, October 26, at 11:58pm)
- March 2018 Menu
- April 2018 Menu
How do I order?
- Click “Order Hot Lunch Now!” to create an account
- Create a family account and link child to your user profile (all users must create a new account for 2017-18 school year)
- Order all days in the month or order just a few – it’s up to you (and your children!)
- Enter payment information
- Once you have completed order for the month you will receive email confirmation with order details to print
- You may edit your order through the end of the ordering period. Once the portal closes at the end of the month your credit card will be charged
- On rare occasions, Egan Hall may be needed to accommodate a parish function. In this event, students may receive an entree substitution delivered to the classroom
- Hot Dog Mondays: $4.25 per 1 dog lunch; $5.25 per 2 dog lunch
- Pizza Fundraisers Mondays: 1 slice w/water, $3.00 – each additional slice is $2.50
- Tuesday-Friday Hot Lunch Menu
- $5.00 per lunch (subject to change), includes drink (water or milk – child chooses in line)
- $.50 beverage service only, milk or water (must be ordered through portal)
- Due to the nature of menu preparation and procurement of components for lunches, refunds/edits are not available once the order is placed. St. John School will issue a refund to your credit card for the following exceptions:
- Family emergency – please contact school office
- Withdrawal from St. John School, contact school office
- Ordering/billing questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions/comments about the program may be directed to email@example.com
Volunteer in the Kitchen
St. John is able to provide affordable and high quality meals due largely to the support of our volunteers. Interested in volunteering with the lunch program? Volunteer opportunities exist for meal preparation and with serving and assisting students with lunch. A Food Workers card is required to work in the lunch room. Sign up to volunteer for one day or for many throughout the year. I want to volunteer now.