Students in grades 4 through 7 are encouraged to participate in the parish as altar servers. Mrs. Lisette Nenninger will meet students at the Mary statue in the courtyard at 3:10pm on Tuesday, February 13. Instruction will be given in the church until 3:50pm.
Why become an altar server? There are many answers, but here are a few good reasons:
- Children learn why we do everything in the Mass
- Children get fully involved in the Mass, deepening their relationship with God
- Make great friends and learn life skills such as, communication, teamwork, self confidence, responsibility, and more
- Helps children discern their vocation
- Gives a greater appreciation of the priesthood
Link here to get a closer look at what it means to be an alter server:https://youtu.be/OWIMugHDgvQ