CYO Basketball – Register Now! Registration is open for CYO Basketball for coaches and players until October 29, 2018. Don’t wait! If you do not register your child by this date, we cannot guarantee that they will be able to participate in CYO basketball this year. Also – Basketball Coaches are needed for the following grades: 4th Grade Boys, 6th Grade, Girls JV, 6th Grade Boys JV, 7th Grade Girls JV. Parents, please consider coaching so we don’t have to cancel these teams. It’s a wonderful opportunity to share your talents with the kids. Please contact Jonna Skokan if you’re interested.
Review of skills for teams will take place beginning the week of October 30 (unless your child’s team is in Soccer Playoffs that week). Fourth and Fifth Grade teams will be separated by gender, and the teams will split up as evenly as possible. For Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grade there are Varsity and Junior Varsity teams for both boys and girls. Independent reviewers will evaluate students to separate the teams fairly, according to CYO rules. Practices will start the week after teams are assigned. Your child’s specific practice and game schedule will be communicated by your child’s coach following the assignment of teams. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Matt Deines via email at email@example.com or by phone at 206-300-0741.
The St. John/St. Al Cross Country team finished up a fun and successful season on Sunday with a 2nd place overall finish (out of 13 AAA teams) in the CYO Championship Meet. St. Joseph just barely edged us out by 5 points for the number one spot in AAA. We had 67 Ribbon Runners (K-3rd grade) scoring points for us two weeks ago, and strong races from our 4th – 8th graders this last week. Our runners worked hard, and the results speak for themselves.
Our top finishers in each grade were:
- 4th grade Boys – Ciaran C. (17th), Luke F. (20th)
- 4th grade Girls – Dahnya C. (2nd), Nuala H.(16th)
- 5th grade Boys – Daniel H. (22nd)
- 5th grade Girls – Pearl S. (1st)
- 6th grade Boys – Mateo S. (8th), Mason M. (14th)
- 6th grade Girls – Brooklyn W. (1st), Hope L. D. (13th), Stella B. (16th), Madison M. (18th)
- 7th grade Boys – Ryker D. (8th), Rory B. (13th), Skye L. D. (16th), John Paul B. (19th)
- 7th grade Girls – Greta F. (12th), Victoria F. (18th), Sarah W. (20th)
- 8th grade Boys – Louis S. (7th)
- 8th grade Girls – Ella S. (17th)
Please join us in congratulating all of our runners on a great season. We hope to see them again next year at Upper Woodland … and at Track in the coming spring!
Coach Joe Sperry