The Parish and School continue to receive messages from our neighbors regarding traffic safety and driver etiquette. The majority of the concerns involve the blocking of driveways, illegal parking, and speeding.
- Be mindful of neighborhood needs
- Do not block driveways. Parking too close to driveways limits neighbors’ access to their homes. It is also illegal to park within 5 feet of a driveway.
- Be mindful of keeping the air clean! Turn off engines; do not idle.
- Obey traffic laws
- Leave sufficient space between the corners/crosswalks/stop signs and your car. Parking too close to corners, crosswalks, and stop signs blocks the vision of drivers limiting their ability to see clearly the students crossing. It is also illegal to park within 30 feet of a stop sign.
- Observe the speed limit.
- Make sure that you are parked legally.
- Review the traffic map and follow the guidelines, especially during drop off and pick up.
Let’s be safe and courteous!