With the re-opening of Greenwood Elementary School and the ongoing status of 1st Ave. NW as a Stay Healthy Street, there will be more traffic stress in the neighborhood with significant vehicle and pedestrian activity. As a reminder to parents and guardians who drive children to and from school: Please practice traffic safety and driver etiquette.
Be cautious and alert. Furthermore:
- Review the Welcome Back Traffic Map and follow the guidelines, especially during drop-off and pick-up.
- Please do not park in the bus zone on 1st Ave. NW and NW 80th St.
- In order to physically distance and stagger arrivals and departures, please observe your child’s designated drop-off and pick-up time and do not congregate after drop-off or pick-up.
- Be mindful of our neighbors
- Do not block driveways. Parking too close to driveways limits neighbors’ access to their homes. It is also illegal to park within 5 feet of a driveway.
- Be mindful of keeping the air clean. Turn off engines; do not idle.
- Obey traffic laws
- Leave sufficient space between the corners/crosswalks/stop signs and your car. Parking too close to corners, crosswalks, and stop signs blocks the vision of drivers limiting their ability to see clearly the students crossing. It is also illegal to park within 30 feet of a stop sign.
- Observe the speed limit.
- Make sure that you are parked legally.