COVID Weekly Data Dashboard (10/13-10/20)
Zero new COVID cases this week!
Covid Boosters and Flu Shots at School for Students
We have an opportunity for Safeway pharmacy to come to campus and offer a vaccine clinic for students during the school day on Tuesday, 11/8. They would offer the flu shot and the new updated COVID booster, which is now approved for children ages 5+. Currently, we are gauging interest and the number of potential participants to determine if we will be hosting the clinic. Please complete the following interest survey no later than 10/25: https://st-johnschool.org/flu-and-covid-booster-clinic-survey/
Information about the updated Covid Booster:
- The updated Covid booster targets Omicron variants as well as the original strain of the COVID virus.
- Individuals should get the updated booster if:
- They are 5 years or older,
- They have completed the primary series of vaccines (the first 2 doses of Pfizer/Moderna/Novavax or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson), and
- It has been at least 2 months since the last dose (the last dose could have been a primary dose or booster dose)
This could be a great opportunity to get students vaccinated in time for the holidays without taking time out of your own schedule to get it done!
If you have questions, please reach out to Dora Hall, ARNP at email@example.com.
Archdiocese of Seattle, Immunization Requirement
If you haven’t done so, please submit a current, state-mandated Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form to Mrs. Q. Additionally, each time your child has an immunization update, please contact Mrs. Q. with the information. This will keep your child’s records current, and you will need not be concerned with violations that may lead to possible state-mandated exclusion from school. More information can be found in last week’s post.
As a reminder, if your child is feeling unwell, please keep them at home, and be sure to inform the school by submitting the attendance form. Let’s continue to keep our community safe and healthy.