National Catholic Schools Week (#CSW23) is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States and around the world. St. John School will observe CSW with Masses and activities to celebrate our Centennial and community.
Sunday, January 29 – Celebrate 100 Years of Faith, Academics and Community
- Catholic Schools Week Liturgy 8:30am (alumni) 10:30am* (current families)
- * Student-led Liturgy
- A Walk-Through Time: Open House and Tours of School and Egan Hall Presentations for alumni, current families and prospective families. Tours are ongoing after Masses.
- Tours led by Student Ambassadors
- Dick’s Drive-In Mobile Truck
- Cookies and Coffee in Egan Hall
- Name-the-Gym Banner Unveiling, Egan Gymnasium, 1pm
- Students wear dress uniform
- Please consider volunteering to make this celebration even more memorable!
Monday, January 30 – Celebrate Service & Community
- Celebrate Unbound students and our local community
- Community Outreach Day
- Classes write letters to Unbound students
- Students may dress in the colors of their Unbound student’s country flag or in red, white and blue
Tuesday, January 31 – Celebrate Volunteers and Vocations
- Volunteers will be thanked in various ways throughout the day
- Parents and Fr. Crispin invited to come and speak to classes about their vocations
- Students dress as your “future self”
Wednesday, February 1 – Celebrate Staff & Teachers
- Luncheon served to teachers and staff (Thank you, 5th Grade)
- Students are asked to bring 1 flower for teachers/staff
- Students dress like a St. John teacher or staff member
Thursday, February 2 – Celebrate Academics
- Spelling Bee, Grades 3-8, Egan Hall, 1:30pm
- Students to participate in other learning games throughout the day
- Students wear school uniform
Friday, February 3 – Celebrate Our Students, Purple and Gold Day!
- FREE student lunch – waffles, smoothies, and more (Thank you, Parent Association)
- Spirit Day Activities, Gym, 1:30pm
- Students may wear uniforms or dress in purple and gold, the school colors