Catholic Schools Week kicks off this Sunday with A Walk Through Time and ends with Purple and Gold Day! We are excited to celebrate our Catholic Schools and St. John’s Centennial with our community!
Sunday, January 29 – Celebrate 100 Years of Faith, Academics and Community
- Catholic Schools Week Liturgy 8:30am (alumni) 10:30am* (current families)
- * Student-led Liturgy
- A Walk-Through Time: Open House and Tours of School and Egan Hall Presentations for alumni, current families and prospective families. Tours are ongoing after Masses.
- Tours led by Student Ambassadors
- Dick’s Drive-In Mobile Truck
- Cookies and Coffee in Egan Hall
- Mayor Bruce Harrell Unveils the Name-the-Gym Banner, Egan Gymnasium, 1pm
- Students wear dress uniform
- Please consider volunteering to make this celebration even more memorable!
Monday, January 30 – Celebrate Service & Community
- Celebrate Unbound students and our local community
- Community Outreach Day
- Classes write letters to Unbound students
- Students may dress in the colors of their Unbound student’s country flag or in red, white and blue
Tuesday, January 31 – Celebrate Volunteers and Vocations
- Volunteers will be thanked in various ways throughout the day
- Parents and Fr. Crispin invited to come and speak to classes about their vocations
- Students dress as your “future self”
Wednesday, February 1 – Celebrate Staff & Teachers
- Luncheon served to teachers and staff (Thank you, 5th Grade)
- Students are asked to bring 1 flower for teachers/staff
- Students dress like a St. John teacher or staff member
Thursday, February 2 – Celebrate Academics
- Spelling Bee, Grades 3-8, Egan Hall, 1:30pm
- Students to participate in other learning games throughout the day
- Students wear school uniform
Friday, February 3 – Celebrate Our Students, Purple and Gold Day!
- FREE student lunch – waffles, smoothies, and more (Thank you, Parent Association)
- Students may wear uniforms or dress in purple and gold, the school colors