Love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul. It has been quite the year!
- The baskets and jars are overflowing with cards earned by students who were nominated for living the Student Learning Expectations. We awarded almost 100 Soaring Eagle pins to students whose cards were drawn from the basket on Monday mornings.
- Our eighth graders, the class of 2017 graduate tonight! We congratulate them on their their commitment to being Christ centered, active learners and empowered disciples. Their achievements have earned them honors here and many high-school academic, leadership and service awards! We are very proud of them and we wish them well!
- We implemented the new MAP testing program and we are very pleased to note the strong student growth – check out your child’s scores. The report is being sent home with report cards.
- We completed our self-study and renewed our full term of accreditation with the Western Catholic Education Association.
- Thirty-five fifth and sixth grade students were among the nearly 150,000 students worldwide to participate this year in the Math Olympiad program. The St. John team was named to the National Math Olympiad Honor Roll for its score in the top ten percent of all competing schools! Two of our students had individual scores in the top two percent!
- We have an awesome lunch program in Crispin’s Kitchen.
- And we launched the Capital Campaign! Honor the Past, Embrace the Present, Secure the Future is now at $1,800,000!
Together we make a huge difference! Wishing you a summer full of sunshine and family fun! Encourage your child to read over the summer and work toward that Breakfast of Champions when we return in September (see below).
Parents are welcome to attend our closing liturgy tomorrow, 9am – please remind students, tomorrow is Dress Uniform.
Blessings – Bernadette O’Leary