You are the Light of the World!
Let your light shine before all that they may see your good works and give glory to our Father in heaven.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
During this year we will shine our lights that all may see the good works that we do and the glory that we give to Our Father. We will shine our light of peace, we will shine our light to welcome all, to show that our school and parish is a joyful place, a place that reflects the love that Jesus has shown us, a love and compassion that has no boundaries. We will shine our light of justice and service and value the dignity of all God’s children. We will shine our light of learning and teaching, thinking critically and applying our talents and abilities. We are empowered disciples!
Please join me in welcoming Sarah Peoples, 1st grade teacher, Hong Phuc Nguyen, Extended Day Care teacher and Amy Morris, 2nd grade assistant!
- Mrs. Peoples, who has a Masters Degree in Teaching comes to St. John with seven years experience as a first grade teacher. Mrs. Peoples is working to complete her National Board certification in Early Literacy. She is very excited to be at St. John.
- Many of you already know HongPhuc Nguyen either as a fellow parent or as an attendee at the 10:30 Mass where she sings in the choir. Ms. Nguyen is very experienced in childcare, having worked with children for many years.
- Amy Morris has volunteered for many years in the classrooms, in the library, in the auction office, with Parent Association and now she joins us as a staff member.
The class lists are finalized and posted in PowerSchool so you can now log on to the Parent Portal to see the teacher with whom your child has been placed. The Hot Lunch ordering portal is also open today. All families wishing to utilize the service will need to create a new family account. See the Hot Lunch page for more details.
The school is in the process of updating our email services. Please note the domain change @st-johnschool.org in corresponding with teachers and school staff. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates to note:
- Monday, August 28
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm New Student drop-in. Students new to St. John may visit their classrooms and meet their teachers
- 6:30pm Social for parents of preschool children on the courtyard
- 7:00pm Social for parents of kindergarten children on the portable deck
- Wednesday, August 30 8:15am – noon First Day of School! School starts at 8:15am. Tardy bell at 8:20am. Remember drop-off procedures! If you wish to walk into the playground with your children, please park respectfully and do not block the driveways of homes in the neighborhood. Please review traffic reminders before first day of school.
Breakfast of Champions September 1, 7:50am in Egan Hall, Link here to see if your student has earned a seat at a table!
You are all members of the Parent Association! The Parent Association supports you by providing opportunities for all of us to grow as a community. This year, Liz Overland and Chris Sourov are the co-chairs. They are looking for more volunteers. Link here to volunteer.
Catholic Youth Organization CYO manages all sports activities in the Archdiocese of Seattle. Mrs. Jonna Skokan serves as St. John’s Athletic Director. Questions about programs can be sent email@example.com Financial aid is available for all sports. For more information and to register visit our CYO page and click the blue button to register. These programs are a great value that allow children exposure to various life lessons, friendly competition, and a chance to play and learn in a nurturing community. Read on for registration info on Soccer and Cross Country.
See you soon!
Bernadette O’Leary, Principal