As you learned at last week’s State of the School presentation, remodeling has begun on the former rectory space. You will notice fencing around the work area, construction vehicles accessing the neighborhood, and a dumpster on 79th Street. Our parish Building Advisory Committee (BAC) has retained the professional project manager services of Falkin Associates to guide us through the next months of the project. Falkin Associates is a third-generation family-owned business founded and operating in the Pacific Northwest. They specialize in construction project management and specifically represent building owners to ensure project cost, quality, and schedules are maintained and to protect the interests of the parish. For more information visit www.falkinassociates.com.
Through competitive process we have also retained a general contractor, Chinn Construction, to complete the re-purposing of our three campus buildings, with expected completion in September 2018. Chinn Construction, LLC is a local general contracting company located in Redmond, WA. Since its founding in 2000, Chinn Construction has quickly earned its reputation as a company that consistently delivers quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness, with integrity and the best interests of the client’s project at heart. With a practical embrace of technology and a pragmatic relationship with innovation, Chinn Construction is the general contractor of choice for owners and developers of commercial and mixed-use projects in the Pacific Northwest.
In the last decade, Chinn Construction has developed a portfolio of over 5 million gsf of commercial, tenant improvement and mixed-use projects in Washington State. Adept at managing all scales of construction, their projects range from 25 to 600 units, and from 1,000 to more than 600,000 gsf, and growing. We welcome these committed professionals to our Parish School grounds.
I call your attention again to the important dates and directives shared at last week’s presentation:
- School will dismiss on Friday, June 8, at 10:30am for all students in grades K-8.
- In order for Extended Daycare staff to move out of their space and prepare for summer session, XDC will be closed on Thursday, June 7 and Friday, June 8.
- Summer Extended Daycare will be open beginning Monday, June 11. Registration for summer session will open in March.
- The 2018-2019 school year will begin after Labor Day. Once the date is confirmed, the school will communicate with all families.
- As construction work begins, please do not park or leave your vehicles in the yellow zone on 79th Street at AM arrival.
This is an exciting time for St. John Parish and School. We thank you again for your pledges and gifts to the campaign and your patience and support as we Embrace the Present and Secure the Future.