Altar Servers….Please! Parents of 4th grade through 8th grade students: we are in dire need of altar servers at all three masses. There are many on the list but few who sign up to serve mass. Father Crispin needs your help! If your child is already trained and is ready to sign up, please email Lisette Nenninger or Laura Root-Pelfrey, and they will email you the sign-up genius.
If your child has never been trained or would like a refresher, Lisette Nenninger will meet your child 30 minutes before mass to run through the steps before she shadow. Servers are welcome to shadow a few times before being a “main” server, or they can jump right in and serve. The other servers and Father Crispin give good, kind guidance. This is an invaluable service to the community.
Middle Schoolers of St. John Parish, this is for you! There will be three events for St. John parish middle schoolers this semester in February, March and April. The FIRST event will be Sunday, February 23 from 5-6:30pm in Egan Hall. The theme is “Food and Games.” Come eat pizza, play some super fun games, have a short time of reflection, and decorate your own dessert. Please RSVP to Kristen Kent if you are coming. This is important so we know how much food to get! The second event will be Sunday, March 22, and the third date will be announced later.
Youth Migrant Project Trip We’re going to the Skagit Valley again this summer for the Youth Migrant Project week of service. We’ll leave on Sunday, August 16 around 1:00 pm and return on Friday the 21st in the afternoon. You can reserve a spot by emailing Kristin Kent. Also, we’re looking for a leader for the week — someone with experience and energy to lead middle schoolers on this fairly intense week. Please let Kristin know if you’re interested or if any names come to mind.
New this Lent – First Friday Potluck!
This year, St. John School and Parish are trying something different. In place of the weekly soup suppers, there will be one big (meatless) potluck on the first Friday of Lent: February 28, 5:30-7:00pm in Egan Hall.
Please consider attending this communal event and bring:
- Preschool – 2 grade: a meatless main – this could be pasta, soup, casserole, whatever you dream up
- 3 – 5 grades: a meatless side – salad, vegetable stir-fry, rice, beans, etc.
- 6 – 8 grades: bread, drinks, dessert
There will be crafts and activities for children, and Stations of the Cross will be at 7pm for those who are interested. If you forget to bring something, come anyway! We are family!
St. John Parish is looking to hire for two positions:
- Parish Receptionist/Administrative Assistant: The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a vibrant Parish environment. We are looking for a full-time person, but we will also consider a job share for this position.
- Director of Parish Development will collaborate with our Pastor and PAA to accomplish the development of our community and the financial stewardship goals of the Parish. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, is an active participant in worship and community life, a person of faith and prayer, and is experienced in fundraising and leadership. We are looking for a full-time person who can start immediately.
For more detailed descriptions of the positions, go to our website. Please email a cover letter and resumé to Dani D’Amelio or mail to St. John Parish, Attention Dani D’Amelio, 106 N 79th St., Seattle, WA 98103.
Save the date! Saturday, February 22, 9:00am-noon in the Parish Administration building. Register by emailing Kristen Kent.