Father Crispin will be celebrating Masses for Holy Week and Easter through Facebook Live. Click here to access the St. John Facebook page. The schedule is as follows:
- Holy Thursday Mass at 7pm
- Good Friday Liturgy at 7pm
- Holy Saturday Easter Vigil Mass at 8:30pm
- Easter Sunday Mass at 10:30am
Our 8th-grade students remotely recorded their reflections on the Stations of the Cross. One of our amazing teachers, Mrs. Mansfield and her daughter J. produced the video. Gather virtually with our school community at 11am on Good Friday to watch the recording.
Can we pray for you? Is there anything we can do to help you? Contact Kristin Kent with requests.
St. Vincent de Paul Ministry If you are at high risk or are afraid to go shopping, email us, or call the parish office at 206-782-2810 and leave a message. We will be happy to drop off one or two bags of canned or packaged goods from our pantry and deliver them to your door (no contact). If you have special dietary needs, please let us know, and we will try to accommodate you as best as we can.
We are reaching out to parishioners to see if anyone needs anything. Would you like to help us make those calls? Would you like to help us pray for others? Please contact Kristin Kent to volunteer.
Food Donations Needed! Our St. Vincent de Paul ministry pantry is running low on food, so we are having a no-contact food drive. Please drop off paper bags of any non-perishable food and household products (e.g., toilet paper) at the NE main entry of the school under the canopy now through Sunday, April 12, between 7-9am or 3-5pm. Please don’t drop off items during any other times or dates. If you or anyone in your household is sick, we ask that you don’t participate this time. Thank you to all those who have already donated food!
Rice Bowl We prayed, fasted and gave alms – and now we celebrate the Risen Lord! Our Lenten journey with CRS Rice Bowl challenges us as we begin the Easter season to share what we have with our global family. Holy Thursday is usually the time we take up our Rice Bowl Collection. In these challenging times, please consider mailing your Rice Bowl donation to St. John the Evangelist (106 N 79th St., Seattle, 98103) or click here to donate online.
St. John Rosary for Those Affected by COVID-19 Join the St. John community in praying the rosary every week for all those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic from your home. Join us Saturday, April 11, at 6pm for the rosary, then for the Holy Saturday Easter Vigil. Can’t join us at this time? Do find a time that works for your family and pray the rosary. Click here for the link to this week’s rosary.
Please Give If You Can We know this is a difficult time for many in our community, but we ask that, if you are able please continue to financially support our Parish. Even though we have cut back on parish and school activities and the celebration of Mass in the church, we have made the commitment to pay salaries for all parish and school employees. We are projecting an increase in expenses related to pastoral care, funerals, and tuition assistance. Your support of St. John helps ensure the financial viability to get through the crisis. Please mail your donation or sign up for online giving. Asante Sana to all those who are continuing to mail in checks and donate online. Your continued support means so much!
Here are some online resources to help you stay connected during this unprecedented time in our world.
- Catholic Current from USCCB: https://catholiccurrent.org/covid19/
- Prayer for Spiritual Communion: My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most-holy Eucharist. I love you above all things, and I desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you. Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
- Rosary: Sacred Heart Radio
- Stations of the Cross: Busted Halo
- Bishop Mueggenborg’s Sunday Gospel Reflections:
- Mass Readings and Prayer Resources: http://usccb.org/
- Mass: Pope Francis’ morning Mass will be broadcast live at 11am Rome time (2am PDT). You can view it live or set your VCR to record, and find English narrations at www.vaticannews.va.
- At Home With Faith: New Issue! Click here