We are on our journey through Lent. Students have posted their promises and goals. Here are some I copied from the bulletin boards:
- I will pray every night; I will say three Hail Marys.
- I will help mom with chores.
- I will give to Unbound; I will give to Ashley, the Unbound student.
- I will thank God for all he gave me.
- I will give up being mean to my sister; I will be nice to my brothers.
- I will give up bad words.
- I will be kind to my friends.
- I will not yell at my family.
- I will not watch so much tv.
- I will not play video games.
Kudos to your children! Support those behaviors! Let’s keep on encouraging them to be more kind and thoughtful, to fast from putting others down, and feast on sharing compassion and empathy.
Covid-19 We are encouraging students to practice healthy hygiene habits here at the school. We thank you for supporting the community by keeping sniffling, coughing, feverish children at home. We will keep you informed of any changes to our regular schedule.
We continually monitor the situation, and we have decided to cancel the Grandparents and Special Friends Day for next Thursday. This is usually a packed gathering with guests sharing food and seated very close together. As of now, we are still going ahead with the musical, but we urge you not to bring guests who may be showing cold and flu symptoms. Please see below the notice from the Public Health Department.
“People at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible, including public places with lots of people and large gatherings where there will be close contact with others,” officials recommended, adding that people at higher risk include:
- People 60 and older
- People with underlying health conditions including heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- People who have weakened immune systems
- People who are pregnant
The cast and crew of the St. John Musical put on a wonderful dress rehearsal for the student body today! Thank you to the directors, producers, and the huge crew of volunteers who make the musical magic happen!