The Fair Share Tuition Program allows St. John School to be one of the most accessible schools for Catholic families in Seattle. It asks parish families to prayerfully discern what they can truly afford to pay for their children’s education. Parish families are encouraged to consider the following when making their Fair Share Tuition Pledge:
|1 Child||2 Children||3+ Children|
|Out of Parish||$9,908||$19,816||$29,725
(based on the per student rate of $9,908)
All parish families are asked to strive for the Cost to Educate of $9,908 per student for 2018/2019.
Eligibility for Parish Tuition/Fair Share Eligibility Requirements
Families eligible for parish tuition are expected to be active and participating members of St. John Parish for at least six months prior to school registration:
- Register in the parish office and annually file a Sacrificial Giving card
- Attend Sunday Mass at St. John regularly
- Contribute to the life of the parish by participating in one of the many parish ministries
- Tithe regularly (weekly or monthly) through the Sunday envelope and make a consistent effort to meet that pledge
- Attend the annual State of the Parish presentation (November)
- At least one parent must be baptized Catholic
Out of Parish Tuition
Out of Parish Tuition is based on the budgeted cost to educate one student, is $9,908 per child, and is considered the ‘Fair Share’ for students/families not registered with St. John the Evangelist Parish.
Financial Aid – Deadline for application, January 4, 2019 for school year 2019/2020
St. John School offers access to two types of financial aid based on need: St. John School Financial Aid and Fulcrum Foundation Tuition Assistance Grants.
- Limited St. John School Financial Aid is available to out of parish families of students entering grades Kindergarten through eight.
- Fulcrum Foundation Tuition Assistance Grants are available to both in parish and out of parish families.
- For out of parish families, Fulcrum Grants reduce the amount of tuition owed.
- For in parish families, Fulcrum Grants help to bridge the gap between their Fair Share pledge and the cost to educate.
- How to apply for St. John School Financial Aid and/or Fulcrum Grants:
- Review Tuition Assistance FAQs – answers questions and serves as a guide to families considering whether or not to apply for Fulcrum Foundation Tuition Assistance Grants.
- Submit request for financial aid/tuition assistance through FACTS – link here.
- In addition, out of parish families requesting financial aid must complete and return the Out of Parish Financial Aid Supplement Request to the school office, attention Diane Crockett.
Preschool Tuition for 2018-19
- $5,168 per year 5-day program
- $3,248 per year 3-day program
The preschool runs September through mid-June. Preschool tuition is not part of the Fair Share Program. More about St. John Preschool
|Fee Description||Fee Amount|
|New Family Registration|
|PK Only Registration/Family||$250|
|Returning Family Registration (K-8)||$350*|
|SMART Tuition Fee/Family||$50|
|Auction Class Project/Student||$10|
*Returning school families attending both the State of the School Night and Facilitation Appointment will receive $50 off their registration fee.