The official uniform is made up of the following items. Some pieces are only available on the online Uniform and Spirit Store or the Dennis Uniform Store as indicated below. All other pieces may be purchased elsewhere as long as they MATCH IN STYLE, COLOR, AND TEXTURE to uniform pieces available on the online store. Please contact the school office with questions.
St. John School maintains a Uniform Exchange for families wishing to donate uniforms in good condition. Uniform Exchange pieces are available either by appointment or at school events several times per year. For more information about donating or receiving uniforms via the exchange, please contact Temry Lathrop or Veronika Wellnitz at email@example.com and use “Uniform Exchange” in the subject line.
|UNIFORM ITEM||DESCRIPTION||COLORS||APPROVED VENDOR|
|PANTS||Cotton twill, corduroy, elastic waist or pleat or plain front, straight leg, (NO cargo or oversized, or tight fitting stretch pants). Pants must be ankle length, worn at waistline, pant waist must be no larger than student’s normal waist size.||Navy or Khaki|
|WALKING SHORTS||Cotton twill, cuffed or uncuffed, length – no more than 3 inches above the middle of the knee cap.||Navy or Khaki|
|JUMPER (K-5)||Bib front. Available only through Dennis Uniform||Marymount plaid||Dennis Uniform|
|SKORT (K-8)||Pleated, length no more than 3″ above middle of the kneecap||Navy or Khaki|
|SKIRT (6-8)||Stitch down pleat, lenth, no more than 3 inches above the middle of the kneecap. Available only through Dennis Uniform||Marymount plaid||Dennis Uniform|
|POLO SHIRT||Short or long sleeves, plain or picot collar, non-stretch (spandex, Lycra, etc.) fabric||White, “true” red, or navy|
|TURTLENECK||Cotton knit, non-stretch (spandex, Lycra, etc.) fabric||White, “true” red, or navy|
|BLOUSE||Peter Pan collar, short or long sleeve||White|
|SPIRIT TEE||Short sleeve tee - available only through the Online Uniform and Spirit Store||Navy,”true” red, with the St. John logo||Online Uniform and Spirit Store|
|SWEATSHIRT||Long sleeve, component of Dress Uniform as well as daily wear, available only through the Online Uniform and Spirit Store||Navy with the St. John logo||Online Uniform and Spirit Store|
|SWEATSHIRT - HOODIE||Long sleeve for daily wear for students in middle school. The gray hoodie is not a component of Dress Uniform; available only through the Online Uniform and Spirit Store||Gray with the St. John logo||Online Uniform and Spirit Store|
|CARDIGAN SWEATER||Available only through Dennis Uniform – no substitution in vendor – optional, v-neck||Navy||Dennis Uniform|
|DRESS UNIFORM Required for all students. To be worn as requested for school liturgies, field trips, special events, etc.||The St. John Dress Uniform consists of a white polo shirt and navy sweatshirt with St. John logo. In addition, boys will wear khaki slacks; girls in grades 6, 7, and 8 may wear the Marymount plaid skirt or khaki pants; girls (K-5) may wear the Marymount plaid jumper or khaki pants.|
- Shoes must be worn at school
- Shoes must be appropriate for school and encourage play
- Shoes must be closed toe
- Flip-flops, slippers, and sandals are not permitted, even on free dress days
- Shoes with laces or Velcro must be kept tied or secured
- Students should wear athletic shoes on PE days
- Boots for inclement weather may be worn to and from school only. Boots are not permitted in the gym or school buildings.
- Socks or tights must be worn at school
- Socks or tights must be solid color (black, white, navy blue, red, or gray) with minimal or discreet logo or markings and no multi-colored patterns
- Navy blue, black or white full length only permitted under a skirt, skort, or jumper
- Students in grades Preschool through 5 are to wear athletic type shoes on PE days.
- PE for grades 6, 7 and 8 is taught weekly throughout the school year, and students are to wear athletic type shoes during PE.