New this Lent – First Friday Potluck!
This year, St. John School and Parish are trying something different. In place of the weekly soup suppers, there will be one big (meatless) potluck on the first Friday of Lent: February 28, 5:30-7:00pm in Egan Hall.
Please consider attending this communal event and bring:
- Preschool – 2 grade: a meatless main – this could be pasta, soup, casserole, whatever you dream up
- 3 – 5 grades: a meatless side – salad, vegetable stir-fry, rice, beans, etc.
- 6 – 8 grades: bread, drinks, dessert
There will be crafts and activities for children, and Stations of the Cross will be at 7pm for those who are interested. If you forget to bring something, come anyway! We are family!
St. John Parish is looking to hire for two positions:
- Parish Receptionist/Administrative Assistant: The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a vibrant Parish environment. We are looking for a full-time person, but we will also consider a job share for this position.
- Director of Parish Development will collaborate with our Pastor and PAA to accomplish the development of our community and the financial stewardship goals of the Parish. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, is an active participant in worship and community life, a person of faith and prayer, and is experienced in fundraising and leadership. We are looking for a full-time person who can start immediately.
For more detailed descriptions of the positions, go to our website. Please email a cover letter and resumé to Dani D’Amelio or mail to St. John Parish, Attention Dani D’Amelio, 106 N 79th St., Seattle, WA 98103.
Save the date! Saturday, February 22, 9:00am-noon in the Parish Administration building. Register by emailing Kristen Kent.