Students in grades 5 and 6 have the opportunity to participate in the Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS). MOEMS is a non-profit public foundation, which provides opportunities for children to engage in creative problem-solving activities that help develop a child’s ability to reason, to be logical, to be resourceful, and to be ingenious.
Math Olympiads goals for children are:
1. Develop enthusiasm for problem solving and mathematics
2. Deepen understanding of mathematical concepts
3. Learn major strategies for problem-solving
4. Enrich experiences in intellectually stimulating activities
5. Build a stronger foundation for assessments and future mathematics studies
Students meet each Friday before school beginning in October. Ms. Kristine Kelley is the instructor. Space is limited to 30 participants.