Students in grades 5 and 6 have the opportunity to participate in the Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS). MOEMS is a non-profit public foundation, which provides opportunities for children to engage in creative problem-solving activities that help develop a child’s ability to reason, be logical and be resourceful.
Math Olympiads goals for children are:
- Develop enthusiasm for problem-solving and mathematics
- Deepen understanding of mathematical concepts
- Learn major strategies for problem-solving
- Enrich experiences in intellectually stimulating activities
- Build a stronger foundation for assessments and future mathematics studies
- Tuesdays, 7:30-8:10am (before school)
- November 8, 2022-March 28, 2023 (when school is in session)
- $75 registration fee per student. Financial Aid is available. Contact Diane Crockett to inquire.
- Registration opens Monday, 10/31 at 7:01pm.
- Ms. Kelley is the instructor.
- Space is limited.