Get the costumes ready! Bring out the purple and gold! Catholic Schools Week (#CSW22) is next week!
We will kick things off with a virtual All School Mass, live-streamed from the St. John Parish Facebook page on Sunday, January 30 at 10:30am.
The week following will be filled with days of celebration and honoring those around us (please note schedule change):
- Monday, January 31: Volunteer Appreciation Day – School uniform day for all students.
- Tuesday, February 1: Celebrate Vocations and Community – Dress up as your future self, role-model, inspirational person, fireman, nurse, doctor, artist, hero, etc.
- Wednesday, February 2: Celebrate Staff – Dress up as a teacher and bring flowers.
- Thursday, February 3: Purple and Gold Day – A day to celebrate students! Spirit Day for ALL students and celebrate 8th grade!
- Friday, February 4: Celebrate All Nations and Cultures – Honor Unbound students (bring in donation for Unbound students or donate online). Students can wear cultural outfits, colors of the U.S. Flag or your Unbound student’s country flag. “Charlie Brown” homecoming lunch provided for all students.
We have provided a schedule of the week’s activities.
Prayer for Catholic Schools Week
You sent forth your Son as a beacon of hope for all people.
As Teacher, he has given us the prime example of the importance of education.
As disciples, we look to him for inspiration and strength.
Thank you for the many sisters, brothers, priests, and laypeople who have dedicated their lives in service to our Catholic schools.
Thank you for the teachers and administrators who sustain our schools today.
Thank you for the parents who have given support and witness to the importance of Catholic education in their daily lives.
Thank you for the students who work hard to further their education.
Bless St. John School and the many people who advance our mission.
May our building be a home for those who seek to grow in faith, knowledge, and service of others.
May our community always support one another and be welcoming to newcomers.
Fill our minds with knowledge and wisdom.
May our understanding of the world help us to grow in appreciation for it.
Fill our hearts with gladness.
May we always turn to you in times of need.
Fill our hands with the tools we need to serve others.
May we show them your unceasing love through our actions.
St. John the Evangelist, pray for us.
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.