Before we dismiss for the Thanksgiving Holidays, remember to submit school forms by tomorrow and recall NewsViews will not be published next week. If you plan to miss school for any reason, remember to submit attendance. Last week I invited you to join me and 6th grade leadership in supporting a fund drive for our chapter of St. Vincent de Paul. Instead of a food donation this year, please consider donating the cost of the food to help keep our neighbors sheltered. Thank you so much for your continued support (use the QR code to donate).
Congratulations to the students in the Middle School Speech elective class. Scoring wins in the Tournament, Open, and Novice individual round categories, our students did an amazing job representing St. John School at the Archbishop Murphy HS – Middle School Invitational last Saturday. Congratulations, Holland P., Frances M., Aspen P., Olivia O., Noelle E.-L., Parker M., Zoe V., Myla S., Rachel M., Jada W., Sophia D., Lily K., Mattea W., Maria Elena N.S., Sofia O., and Elle G. Thank you to Ms. Sue Pierce for giving our students the opportunity to learn, grow and compete.
I’d like to close this week’s letter by giving thanks. Every day, I am grateful for the many opportunities I have to experience God in our community. Our faith in God asks that we look beyond our own worldly needs and desires to focus on goodness, charity, tolerance, love and gratitude. Let us give thanks for our School and Parish’s many blessings. Thank you:
- To all the families who serve our neighbors through St. Vincent de Paul, donating the cost of food, putting together hygiene kits, and helping with Thanksgiving dinner for the residents of the Martina Apartments
- For helping our adopted Unbound students
- For being on recess duty and crossing guard duty in all kinds of weather
- For lending contractor expertise to re-side and repair the portable classrooms
- For fixing and organizing the play shed
- For aiding the primary classes with circle time and reading
- For assisting the intermediate classes with Dia de Los Muertos
- For assisting with the vaccination clinics
- For helping out with events like the Jog-a-thon, Grand Day, field trips and barbecues
- For volunteering to judge at Speech competitions
- For sharing your gifts of creative writing, drama, videography, pottery and speech with students
- For delicious lunches
- For baking cookies
- For coaching and organizing CYO sports teams–we still need basketball referees!
- For volunteering on leadership teams: the Auction team, the Endowment, Parent Association, School Commission and the Principal Search Committee
- And to all those who step up and step in wherever and whenever there is need….I am so grateful. You are all Fair Share in action and you are all living our school’s mission.
Thank you, parents, for being our partners. Thank you, St. John School and Parish staff, for your daily support of the students and of every program and event on campus. Thank you, St. John community, for ensuring a tradition and legacy of excellence continues at St. John.