Hawaii Fun Fact…..(50states.com)
On the heels of Daylight Saving Time, Hawaii’s clocks stay exactly the same. Hawaii observes it’s own time zone, Hawaii Standard Time.
Auction Season Volunteers NEEDED
It takes a village! We need a multitude of volunteers during Auction Season:
- March 23 – North Beach Elementary Auction Swap
- April 5 – St. John Auction: No Na Keiki O St. John Auction Volunteers
- April 5 – St. John Auction Dessert Dash
We appreciate you volunteering as many ways as you can.
Tickets On Sale Now
Auction tickets are available for purchase online. We are offering two ticket levels:
- Ohana ticket – $115 per person and includes dinner from Kaspar’s Catering, hosted wine from Gifford Hirlinger, and After-Party entertainment.
- Kahuna VIP ticket – $150 per person, and in addition to the above, will include a St. John Beach Towel, a Signature Cocktail, and more.
If you would like to sponsor a teacher to attend the event, “Sponsor a Teacher” tickets are also available online for you to purchase and donate. We like to have as many teachers attend the Auction as possible.
Please consider inviting your Buddy Family to sit at your table. What a wonderful way to bring them into the Auction fold! Tables seat ten, so please include with whom you would like to sit or your grade level in the comments box when you order your tickets.
Ticket prices will increase next Friday, March 22. We look forward to seeing you at the Auction on Friday, April 5, at Fremont Studios.
Auction Sneak Peek
This week’s highlighted items are…
- Spoil Your Teacher! (New This Year) Our teachers are the foundation of our school, and now you have the opportunity to spoil one of them! Your teacher of choice will be spoiled with a spa treatment (teacher’s choice of massage or facial), a blowout at Matthew Steele Salon, beauty products, lunch at Portage Bay, a Barre class, a manicure & pedicure from HOA, and to top it all off, a $100 University Village gift card. Thank you Matthew Steele Salon & the DeMotts Family! Gather your friends and bid on this amazing Live item!
- Cocktail Class & Dinner for 12 at Staple & Fancy (New This Year) Get ready to enjoy a magnificent drinking and dining experience at the private event space termed “The Cellar” at Ethan Stowell’s Italian inspired Staple & Fancy restaurant. The Cellar is a unique space with a built-in rustic vibe that most people have to bring in professionals to achieve. Before you feast on a pre-set tasting menu for 12, you and your guests will participate in a cocktail making class. Dinner will be served at the giant reclaimed wooden slab table where memories will be made as this is one communal dining event that you will all be talking about for days to come. Thank you Stowell Family! *Depending on date and availability, Ethan Stowell will join the event
- Mr. Steinbrickner’s 5th Grade Art – Shaded Topographical Map Mr. Stienbrickner’s 5th-grade class combined Cartology and Color Theory to create a beautiful abstract work of art. This topographical map of a glacial elevation from Mt. Rainier was chosen and each student was given a unique hue from blues to greens to color the contour lines. The ï¬Ânal result is a cool, harmonious work of art waiting to grace a wall in your home.